Benefits of Circumcision for Male Health
The health benefits of circumcision are few, among others, reducing the risk of infectious diseases and urinary tract infections. Circumcision or circumcision is a surgical procedure to remove the foreskin / prepuce / scalp of the penis. The purpose and benefits are to make the head of the penis open / open so that it is easy to clean and reduce the risk of infection and even reduce the occurrence of penile cancer. Not only for adults and children, circumcision or circumcision can also be performed on infants.
In Indonesia, this process is generally carried out when boys enter primary school age or around 6–10 years. The older the boy or man who is circumcised, the greater the risk, complexity, and age of the healing process. WHO recommends circumcision done on baby boys in order to maintain their health. Foreskin that cannot be removed can cause genital and urinary tract diseases if not treated properly.
Circumcision is best performed in infancy with the advantages of: avoiding recurrent UTIs in infants, easier wound care, faster healing and less bleeding.
Some Benefits of Circumcision
From a medical point of view, there are many benefits that can be obtained if Friends of Hermina undergo a circumcision or circumcision procedure, including:
- Reducing the risk of sexually transmitted diseases, such as herpes or syphilis
- Prevents the occurrence of diseases of the penis, such as pain in the head or foreskin of the penis called phimosis
- Reduce the risk of urinary tract infections, which are associated with kidney problems
- Reducing the risk of penile cancer and cervical cancer in partners
- Makes penis health more awake, because a cleaned penis is easier to clean
There are many methods of circumcision, including: conventional circumcision, clamp method, LASER and others, each with various advantages and disadvantages:
- Wounds dry quickly
- It doesn't hurt when you remove the bandage (when it's bandaged) and bleeding usually comes back when you remove the bandage
- Can immediately take a shower as usual the day after circumcision
- Can be treated with antibiotic ointment on a regular basis
Friends of Hermina who want to consult about circumcision/circumcision can consult with a pediatric surgeon, dr. Jonsinar Silalahi, MSi.Med, Sp.B, Subsp. B.ped(K).
Get easy registration through the HALO HERMINA mobile application, Call Center 1500 488 and the website www.herminahospitals.com
#circumcision #circumcision #surgery #surgery #herminahospitals #RSHerminaPandanaran #child