Optimization of Child Development
The basic needs of children consist of several important points, namely:
1. Foster care (physical needs - biomedical), including nutrition, immunization, hygiene, medication, clothing, shelter, environmental sanitation, etc.
2. Asih (need for emotion/affection): a close, intimate and harmonious relationship between the mother/substitute mother and the child is an absolute requirement to guarantee the harmonious growth and development of children physically, mentally and psycho-socially.
3. Sharpening (need for mental stimulation), which is the beginning of the learning process in children, where it will develop psychosocial mentality, intelligence, skills, independence, creativity, religion, personality, moral-ethics, productivity, etc.
Factors that affect the growth and development of children
1. Internal factors: race/ethnicity or nation, family, age, gender, genetics, chromosomal abnormalities
2. External factors:
• Prenatal: nutrition, mechanics, toxins, endocrine, radiation, infections, immunological disorders, embryo anoxia, maternal psychology
• Postnatal: Nutrition, chronic disease/congenital disorder, physical and chemical environment, psychological, endocrine, socio-economic, parenting environment, stimulation, drugs
What are the aspects of child development?
• Gross motion or gross motor
the child's ability to carry out movements and postures that involve large muscles such as sitting, standing and so on
• Smooth motion or fine motor
The ability to perform Movement involves small muscles and requires careful coordination such as pinching, writing and so on
• Speech and Language skills
the ability to respond to sound, speak, communicate, follow orders and so on
• Socialization and independence
children's independent abilities (eating alone, cleaning up toys), separation from mother/caregiver, socializing and interacting with their environment, and so on
What are the characteristics of development in children
• Development creates change
• Early stages of growth and development determine later stages
• Growth and development have different speeds
• Development related to growth
• Development has a fixed pattern
• Development has successive stages
In essence, optimize the growth and development of YOUR child
Genetic: Mother's preparation (nutrition, habits, lifestyle, etc.)
Environment: a healthy, clean, loving environment, etc
Intervention: Nutrition and Immunization
Stimulation: from the womb onwards
For friends of Hermina who need child health consultations, they can visit a pediatrician or friends of Hermina can come to Hermina Tangkubanprahu Hospital and meet with a Pediatrician