Healthy Tips for Enjoying the Eid Menu
Sahabat Hermina, it doesn't feel like the fasting month is ending soon. The annual moment of Eid is a moment to be more vigilant for those who suffer from hypertension, diabetes, cholesterol, gout, or are pregnant. We all, without exception, must be more selective in choosing Eid food menus that contain lots of coconut milk, fat and high sugar.
Even though there are many delicious foods, you still need to pay attention to every food you eat. This is because typical Eid food tends to contain lots of carbohydrates and fats which can affect health.
Healthy Tips During Eid
Quoted from the website of the Ministry of Health, there are some healthy tips when enjoying Eid dishes:
- Pay attention to food portions
The most important thing in enjoying food during Eid is to pay attention and manage the portion of the meal. Eating excessive portions can be bad for health
- Consumption of Vegetables and Fruits
Eating vegetables and fruit can offset foods that contain cholesterol in the body while facilitating digestion in the body. In this case, even though you have eaten vegetables, you still have to maintain your portion of food.
- Drink enough water
Avoid alcoholic and carbonated drinks because they can increase the sugar level in the body. So the possibility of getting diabetes will increase. Drink water instead of sugary drinks.
- Lose Weight After Eid
After fasting and Eid, some people experience weight gain, there are some tips that can be done to bring the weight back to normal.
- Avoid soupy foods such as opor, curry, or rendang. If forced to eat, try not with the broth.
- Choose foods that are not fried. Replace fried foods with baked, steamed, boiled or steamed foods.
- Add a healthy menu. Such as vegetable soup, fish pepes, or ointment which contains lots of vegetables.
- Consumption fruit. It's better to eat unsweetened fruit like fruit ice which contains a lot of sugar.
So, after Eid has passed, return to a healthy and balanced diet, reduce the amount of food and limit the food you have eaten a lot during Eid.You can also try the healthy tips above so that your health is maintained and you can avoid diseases that arise after Eid. Stay healthy.