Be aware of fever in children, recognize the symptoms and prevention
Hello friend Hermina Bitung, have you ever felt a fever and what should you do when you have a fever. Hermina Bitung's best friend was able to overcome a fever before going to the hospital before, what is a normal body temperature that is good at 36.5c-37.5c i an increase in body temperature to more than 38c is categorized as fever. Fever generally occurs as a reaction of the immune system against viral, bacterial, fungal, or parasitic infections that cause disease. Some of the diseases that often cause fever are flu, sore throat, and urinary tract infections. Fever can happen to anyone, from infants, children, to adults.
Usually Fever is a symptom of various conditions and diseases. fever will be accompanied by other symptoms due to the underlying condition. Some of them are:
- Muscle ache
- Loss of appetite
Symptoms of fever that Hermina Bitung's friends need to watch out for include:
- Stiff neck.
- The eyes are very sensitive to light.
- Vomiting constantly.
- Red spots appear on the skin.
- Hard to breathe.
- Tend to be sleepy constantly.
- It hurts and looks painful.
- Do not want to drink and the frequency of urination is reduced.
In addition there are also several causes of fever, including:
- Viral and bacterial infections, such as meningitis, typhoid, dysentery, chickenpox, and urinary tract infections.
- Diseases caused by mosquito bites, such as dengue fever, malaria, and chikungunya.
- Some types of drugs can also cause fever symptoms Cancer, such as leukemia, liver cancer, or lung cancer So if you have a fever, what to do, here are some things that need to be done, namely:
- Enough rest.
- Wear light and comfortable clothes.
- Stay in a room with cool air.
- Drink lots of water to avoid dehydration.
- Compress with warm water.
- Administration of drugs, such as fever-reducing drugs.
prepared at home such as parachetamol and ibuprofen. If you have done the following steps and are not successful in reducing the fever
If the fever has not subsided immediately go to the nearest hospital
Dr. practice schedule. Rasmita Ulina Ginting,SpA https://www.herminahospitals.com/doctors/dr-rasmita-ulina-ginting-sp-a
Best regards, Hermina Bitung Hospital