Be alert, this is the cause of premature birth
Premature babies are babies born before reaching 37 weeks of gestation. Typically, pregnancy lasts 40 weeks. Babies born before 28 weeks are considered extreme premature babies, while those born between 28 and 37 weeks are called moderate to mild premature babies. Every year, millions of babies around the world are born prematurely, and the success rate of their treatment continues to increase.
Why Are Premature Babies Born?
- There are many reasons why a premature baby may be born, including:
- Infection or disease in the mother, disease or infection such as diabetes or preeclampsia in the mother can cause premature birth.
- Pregnancy history, If the mother has previously given birth prematurely or has cervical abnormalities, the risk of premature birth will increase.
- Obesity or malnutrition, being too thin or too fat during pregnancy can also increase the risk of premature birth.
- Multiple Pregnancies, multiple pregnancies or higher have a greater risk of premature birth.
- Smoking and Drugs, consumption of cigarettes, alcohol, or drugs during pregnancy can increase the risk of premature birth.
Signs that a baby will be born prematurely may include:
- Regular and painful uterine contractions.
- Changes in vaginal fluids, such as excessive vaginal discharge or bleeding.
- Pressure in the lower abdomen.
- Constant back pain.
- Premature rupture of amniotic fluid (premature rupture of membranes).
The diagnosis of premature pregnancy is often based on clinical symptoms and the results of a physical examination by medical personnel. Additionally, an ultrasound examination can help determine gestational age and see whether the cervix has begun to shorten, which is a sign of premature pregnancy.
Premature babies often face serious physical and medical challenges. Their organ systems may not be fully developed, so they require intensive care in a neonatal care unit (NICU). In the NICU, premature babies can receive breathing assistance, special care, and the nutrition they need to grow and develop. Hermina Purwokerto Hospital is a hospital that has NICU care facilities for premature babies and pediatric.
To make it easier to access services & registration at Hermina Purwokerto Hospital, here's how:
- Download the mobile application on Playstore (Type Halo Hermina)
- Contact Call Center 1500488
- Through the website -> www.herminahospitals.com
- Through the Halodoc application